Have you ever wanted to watch a movie pretty badly only to have the whole experience ruined by a friend who kept asking, “What did she say?”, “what was that?” and “can you please pass the popcorn?” Since childhood, we have been fed with a dull notion that you should always go to a movie hall in a group. People say its much more fun watching movies with friends, why is that?
What is the point?
Let us look at the different cons of going to the movies with your friends.
- Choice of movies: If the group consists of more than three people and if there are more than four, a movie playing in the theater it is most likely that you won’t be able to watch your favorite movie. No matter how close you are with your friends, sometimes their choice of movies might not match with yours and you will end up watching movies that you do not really like.
- Being late: picture this, you have finally convinced all your friends to go watch that movie with you, but they arrive late for the show and you miss a good ten minutes in the beginning. It is highly unusual that all of your friends will arrive for the show on time and if one of them gets late, the whole group will suffer.
- Talking: If you are unlucky, enough you will have to seat beside the friend with the loudest mouth. If you really want to watch your movie sin peace then the last thing you will want is someone passing lurid comments isaimini and asking stupid questions within your earshot. If you are really interested in watching the movie you might end up catching an important part of the plot because of your friend’s blabbering.
- Movie halls are for watching movies: if you want to catch up with your long last friends, why not meet them at a coffee shop or at a bar for some drinks and a round of pool. Movie halls are not great places for having a decent conversation; in effect, you will be ruining the entire experience for yourself and people sitting next to you.
- Your friends are busy: it is highly unlikely that all your friends are available 24×7 to go to the movies with you. So, what do you do if you suddenly feel like watching a movie? Do you call up all your friends and wait for them to get back to your with a positive reply? The answer is a big no, go ahead and grab your soda and nachos get plush seat and enjoy the movie.
- Reason: there is a reason why the lights are turned off during the screening; it is so that nothing else distracts you while the movie is playing. So why would you want to get distracted by going to the movies with your friends anyway?
There is nothing shameful about going to a movie alone, every man needs his space in the movie theater so do not cringe, go ahead and have some fun.
Nuno Ribeiro writes on MenFront.com. MenFront.com is a Men’s Lifestyle Magazine [http://www.menfront.com] featuring models, dating, fitness, gadgets, sports, music and more…