When we refer to online games, we usually refer to video-type games that we play on a computer over the Internet. Some video games are played over the Internet using mobile phones and video consoles, but in general, online games are computer games that require an Internet connection in order to be played. Simple text-based multiplayer games were the first of these types of games, as Internet connections were slow and expensive when these games were first introduced in the 1980s. Gradually, these games became popular throughout the world. the 1990s, with today’s online games featuring virtual communities, realistic graphics, and multiplayer games where people can even play one-on-one or knockout tournaments for cash prizes. We all know that the Internet is the fastest growing market in the history of the world, but did you know that there is an online gaming sector that is growing 4 times faster than the Internet in general? Yes! and it is the market for “Online Skill Games”.
There are many styles of online games.
Some of the different types of online games that exist:
1. Real-time strategy games: this type of game has to do with strategy in which, for your army to successfully fight against other Internet players, you must develop a game plan by creating many resources.
2. First person shooter game: Here the players compete against each other one by one. In most first person type games, online play allows for the deathmatch or arena style of play. In this style of play, the view you see is what you see from your character’s eyes.
3. Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPG): In this type of game, each person must keep trying to reach the next highest level until they have reached UFABET the first level written for that game and these online games may have, simultaneously, thousands of players from all over the world, playing in a giant virtual world interacting with each other or with each other. Players can continue to play these types of games for months or even years.
4. Browser-type games: these are fast, simple, and small pastime games that are played in your browser. Popular Java and Shockwave technologies are used to develop these games.
5. Online Skill Games: An online skill game is a web game that is played in a tournament or one-on-one format. Each player pays a cash entry fee to play with a cash or merchandise prize for the winner (s). The outcome of each competition is based on the skill and performance of the player, not luck.
How do online gaming companies make money?
All of today’s games can be played online. How do we make money? This is the question for companies that make online games to ask. Most companies make single player games that are played at home and in this the player has to defeat the enemy’s artificial intelligence. Today, these games typically include an online multiplayer version that can be played against or with other Internet players. Selling their game DVDs / CDs is how these companies make their profits, p. Eg Warcraft 3 and Counter Strike. Advertising and promotions is the way browser game companies make money. MMORPG companies generally charge their players a monthly fee and continue to add content by programming new scenarios etc. in their games, eg. Everquest 2 and World of Warcraft. Some don’t, but survive because their DVD / CD sales are high, for example. Guild Wars.
What is the future of online games?
Soon there will be a new entry in the market for online skill games. According to their Free Online Games Market Report, they will be the first company with their new online skill games platform to launch a business that encompasses three of the newest phenomena on the internet today. Online games Entertainment, Social networks using web 2.0 and a new form of marketing that has been described as Social Marketing 2.0. One of the main differences of this new platform with respect to conventional models is that we, the players, can share the winnings while we play our games. With the current market (2007) with an approximate value of $ 5.2 billion dollars and it is expected to increase in the next 3 years to more than $ 13 billion dollars, that is, $ 412 per second and with the sites of social networks that already reach 45% of web users and the 4 main instant messengers have more than 400 million users among them, this could represent a large number of